Thursday 23 October 2014

Zoella Beauty (featuring a little Sprinkle of Glitter claim to fame!)

I have been watching beauty YouTube videos for longer than I can remember, back in the days of Lollipop26 who has a blog still, but no longer makes videos boohoo (you can read her amazing blog HERE, I absolutely love her). In fact, I have a screenshot below of an 18 year old me messaging a pre- famous Sprinkle of Glitter back in 2011 (she has a new facebook account now, this one is deactivated!), back when she called her fans ‘YouTuberinos’ instead of ‘Sprinklerinos’ (check her old videos if you don’t know what I’m talking about.)  I saw her wandering around Liverpool One with Baby Glitter but I was too shy to approach her. I really wish I did now and doubt I will just bump into her around Liverpool again, she probably gets hounded by her countless fans! 

hardcore/ lifelong fan award!
I find it amazing how much the YouTube community has grown over past few years, no longer is it a small niche community for makeup and beauty fans, but the big YouTubers and bloggers have really become celebrities in their own rights. Tanya Burr, another beauty YouTuber and blogger, made her own makeup range earlier this year, I believe and now it is the ever popular Zoella’s turn and I was curious to discover what she had come up with.

A bunch of the 'big' YouTubers at the launch of the products, picture taken from Zoella's blog

As you all most probably know, the lovely Zoella has recently launched a line of bath products (which you can buy HERE and HERE) and of course I had to try something! Now, due to a slight mishap, my student loan has not yet come in (grrr) so I settled for something fairly cheap and opted for the bath soak and shower cream suitably named 'Soak Opera'

Scent
For me, this was the best feature of this shower gel, I love the scent! It’s a floral-ish very clean smell (how technical of me!) and I was pleasantly surprised. However, that’s not to say my Soap And Glory products are going to get thrown out of the window just yet...

Price
The bottle which is 490ml costs a fiver, which I think is a pretty good deal!

Lasting powers
I shall be honest here and say its lasting abilities are certainly nothing to write home about, however, for only a fiver I can’t complain. Perhaps teamed with the body lotion or the perfume, the scent would be of better quantity and quality.

Design/ packaging
Well, it’s pink! I personally love it; the pink and gold with lace detailing I think is really pretty. Also, the actual colour of the cream is a pretty pearlescent baby pink. Not that this particularly matters, of course it won’t come out this colour on skin but at least it looks nice sat in my bathroom!
photo taken from the feel unique website



Effect on the skin
It contains vitamin E, shea butter and aloe extracts which claim to soften and condition the skin. Admittedly, I have only used this a handful of times so I cannot comment on long term results but conditioning and moisture wise I can’t say I noticed anything particularly outstanding but I wasn’t expecting to for a fiver. But knowing it contains these ingredients is a plus for the skin, I suppose!

Overall I can’t say I was completely blown away by this product but I don’t dislike it by any means and I will certainly use it up. As for the other products in the range, I’m unsure as to whether I’ll purchase them. I did have a little sniff of the candle and it just wasn’t to my taste at all, I prefer the cinnamon, cosy Christmassy type scents and this one was a tad too 'blah' for me. But I’m not ruling out buying more, perhaps I’ll have a read of some more reviews and weigh out whether it’d be worth it (please link me to your blogs if you’ve reviewed any!)


Have you tried these products or do you just think they’re gimmicky? I’d love to hear your thoughts!


not a good picture of the product, but look at that sky outside my bedroom window! <333333

1 comment:

  1. Aww that was so sweet with Sprinkle of Glitter! I don't know whether you do many tags but I've recently done the favourites tag over on my blog, I'd love to read your answers. I'll link my post with the questions here but make sure you comment your link on my most recent blog post if you decide to do it! xoxo

    http://pinkcupcake7.blogspot.com/2014/10/my-favourite-things-tag.html

    ReplyDelete