Monday 13 October 2014

Forest greens, deep berry reds, maroons and deep chocolate browns

It’s that time of year again, the fire is lit, the leaves are falling and the nights are beginning to get colder, darker and cosier. But most importantly, the bright orange toned reds of the summer are tucked away for another year and out appear the vampy, deep, berry lipsticks, the Barbie pink blushers are replaced for deep rouge to emphasise that cute natural rosiness from the bitter cold and all the cliché autumnal drinks are finally back in stock (did someone mention pumpkin spiced latte?!).  Without a doubt, Autumn is my favourite season, as I write this I adorn my deep green jumper, comfy, trusty black leggings and long thick slipper socks; autumn in an outfit.


Just recently, Zoella uploaded a makeup tutorial (see that here) epitomising everything beauty wise that I love about this season: dark lip, goldy/ bronze eye. In my opinion, a dark lip suits all walks of life, as long as it’s teamed with the correct base and eye makeup. For example, a pale complexion should be warmed up with a light bronzer and I would never wear a dark lip without adding a little something to my eyes, for fear of looking weird and washed out. If the thought of a dark lip is too daunting, another alternative is to lightly apply the lipstick to make a stain and blotting it. Below are light swatches of my top 3 favourite autumnal lipsticks and links to them, all of these colours are totally buildable, with a couple of layers a real vampy effect can created. What about you, what are your favourites? I personally am desperate to try a Nars dark lippy. Perhaps a splurge with my good old student loan is on the cards...

(Please excuse the poor picture quality, iphone problems...)
From top to bottom:

MAC Rebel 

Barry M 160 


Topshop Beguiled 

No comments:

Post a Comment