Sunday 19 October 2014

Tangle Teezer Review

A little while ago, a friend of mine told me that she had bought a new brush which has changed her life. This got me excited! I love a new brush which revolutionises the way I apply my makeup (Real Techniques buffing brush, I’m looking at you.) However, upon further conversation it became apparent she wasn’t talking about a makeup brush at all, she was talking about a hairbrush, the Tangle Teezer. I was baffled. A hairbrush is just a hairbrush, right? After much deliberation on whether £10.99 was really worth it for ‘just a hairbrush’, curiosity got the better of me and I proceeded to pick one up at my local Boots. And oh boy, I’m glad I did!

When debating with myself today what to write my next post on, I considered writing about my hair routine in general .However, The Tangle Teezer is such a massively underrated product in my opinion and it is just too good to stick in a post about hair care. It is undoubtedly worthy of a post all of its own.

I have been using my tangle teezer every day without fail for over a year now (bar the times I’ve clumsily misplaced it, eek!) and it is safe to say brushing my hair has been a dream ever since. Long gone are the days when I have to spend what seems like a lifetime pulling and dragging a bog standard brush through my hair, this brush literally does all the hard work for you, it really is in a league of its own. I can rag it from top to bottom of my knotted mess without it hurting in the slightest! It also seems to make my hair shinier and smoother: win, win!

But why is it so good? To tell the truth, I have pondered this question a lot myself and I didn’t really know the answer. So, I took to their website and found their official information. Tangle Teezer claim it’s their ‘innovative teeth configuration’ (whatever that fancy wording is meant to mean) which enables the brush to work so well. So to be completely honest with you, I still have absolutely no idea how/why it works, but it does, it really, really does. The design of the brush itself doesn’t feature a handle as such but you sort of just grip the whole thing, giving great control over it and this I believe is what helps aid the no dragging and pulling through the hair. Another bonus is that it is extremely light weight and compact, perfect for carrying round in your bag! The company claims there is ‘no hair it can’t handle’ and I’d expect this to be very true. At times, I have very unruly hair, pesky knots seem to form just from me breathing but that is no task at all for the Tangle Teezer, it glides through them with ease, ahhh.

The range even features a little brush especially designed for children, shaped as a pretty little flower, perfect for those of you with little ones, making hair styling before school an absolute breeze, no more tears of pain! How I wish this brush was around back in my primary school days of my Mum doing my hair every morning! One word: ouch! 

I have wracked my brains for downfalls on this product and I can hand on heart say there is only one which some may perceive to be a negative: price. I understand £10.99 sounds absolutely ludicrous for a hairbrush but to me it is certainly a wise investment and one I do not regret, in fact I’d go as far to say this is my best ‘beauty’ buy to date.  As previously mentioned, I have had mine for over a year and there is absolutely no sign of any wear and to put it bluntly, I would be totally lost without it! This is something which you’re not going to need to replace regularly and it is much more of a sensible purchase than another MAC lipstick!

Have you tried any of the Tangle Teezer range? I would love to hear your opinions! Personally, I really want to try the Aqua Splash Blue Lagoon brush. 

The original Tangle Teezer

3 comments:

  1. I have tried the famous tangle teezer, I do like it but I don;t really find it any different to any other brush but I think it will be better for people with longer hair as I have quite short hair so I don;t really feel the benefit from it .
    Good post hun followed you xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment and follow! Yes, I can imagine if your hair isn't too unruly or long in the first place then perhaps you wouldn't find a use for it! Great to hear a different opinion on it :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Interesting post, I haven't tried it, but it looks nice! :)

    Brina xoxo,
    http://sweetstreetstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete